Use the Hint Health integration to create Fitbit Plus accounts for participants and coaches.
The information in the table below is sent from the Hint Health app to the Fitbit Plus app. Exclude any titles (such as Dr.) and middle initials.
|Hint Health Field||Fitbit Plus Field|
|Provider Name (Dr. John Smith)||Coach Name (John, Smith)|
|Provider Email Address||Coach Email address|
|Patient Name (Jane Smith)||Participant Name (Jane, Smith)|
|Patient Date of Birth||Participant Date of Birth|
|Patient Sex||Participant Sex|
|Patient Phone Number(s)||Participant Phone Number(s)|
|Patient Provider||Participant Provider|
- Confirm that patient accounts in the Hint Health app are set to either an “active” or “unpaid” status to create an active Fitbit Plus account. Note that Hint Health accounts set to “inactive” or “deleted” create archived Fitbit Plus accounts, and that accounts set to the “unconfirmed” or “pending” status are ignored.
- Go to the Hint Health integration page, and log in to your Hint Health account.
- Under the Twine Health tab, click Connect with Twine Health.
- If prompted, log in to your Fitbit Plus account.
- If there are multiple Fitbit Plus groups, click the name of the group you want to use for the integration.
- Wait a few moments to see a preview of the integration.
- After the preview appears, check to see if there are any warnings. If so, contact your account management team to resolve them.
- Click Enable. Fitbit Plus accounts are created for all Hint Health participants and care team members in the group. Note that if you add new patients and doctors in your Hint Health app, their accounts are created or updated automatically in the Fitbit Plus app.
Next, ask your patients and doctors to download the Fitbit Plus app to begin health coaching.