Track and share your progress in the Fitbit Plus app to help keep you motivated.
Track your progress to see how many health actions you complete and trends in your health data. Filter your data by week, month, or year, or compare your progress across your health actions.
To see your progress for an individual health action:
- On the Progress tab, review your health actions and completion rates.
- Tap a health action to see your progress.
- To see more details about a health action, tap the arrow at the top.
- Tap the arrow in the top left to go back.
To compare your progress across different health actions:
- On the Progress tab, tap a health action.
- Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Compare.
- Choose which health actions you want to compare. Note that you can include health actions that aren’t active.
- Tap Done.
Note that Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) results appear 3 hours after data is logged by your CGM app or device.
Your care team sees your progress in the Fitbit Plus app. Choose to share your progress with friends, family, physicians, and others through an emailed report card. The report card includes your last Fitbit Plus login date, motivation statement, and health actions data.
- On the Me tab, under Your Care Team, tap Friends & Family.
- Tap +Invite.
- Enter the name and email address of the person you want to share your progress with.
- Choose how often you want to send the report card.
- Choose the health action plans you want to include in the report card.
- Tap Send Invitation, and confirm you want to send the report. An email is sent to the person you chose.
- To send additional report cards, repeat steps 1-6.
When someone accepts your report card invitation, you see a green check mark next to their profile under Your Care Team > Friends & Family. If they reject the invitation, you see a red exclamation point.
If you no longer want to send a report card to someone, remove them from your friends and family list.
- On the Me tab, find Your Care Team, and tap Friends & Family.
- Tap the person you want to remove.
- At the bottom of the screen, swipe right > Tap to Confirm.
You can’t download data from the Fitbit Plus app at this time, but you can share your data through emailed report cards. For more information, see Can I share my progress with others?
If you want to share data with your physician or another member of your care team, consider bringing your phone to appointments to review your progress in the Fitbit Plus app.