Invite the important people in your life to support you in your health journey with the Friends & Family Report Card
The Friends & Family Report Card allows you to share your progress in Fitbit Plus with your cheerleaders, caregivers, primary care physician and specialists, and anyone else important to you via email on a weekly or monthly basis.
To invite your VIPs to receive a report card on your progress in Fitbit Plus, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to Me in your navigation bar at the bottom of your Fitbit Plus app
- While in Me, scroll down to Your Care Team
- Toggle to FRIENDS & FAMILY and tap the red +Invite button below
- Enter the name and email address of your VIP, and select the frequency for which you'd like him to receive your report card via email, as well as the health actions you'd like to be included... Everything look good? Send the invitation!
- Give those that you invited a heads up! They'll receive an invitation email to join your care team from Fitbit Plus. In order to receive your report card, they must click the link in your email invitation.
*Fitbit Plus Reminder! Email is not a completely secure means of communication because emails can be sent to the wrong person or accessed improperly while in storage or during transmission. Only send your report card to those you are comfortable with seeing your Fitbit Plus health action information.
Interested in checking the status of your extended Care Team?
Once your invitation(s) have been sent, toggle to FRIENDS & FAMILY in Your Care Team once again. A green check mark indicates he has accepted your invitation, a yellow clock indicates he is pending, and a red exclamation point indicates he has declined your invitation.
What does the Friends & Family Report Card look like?
Your supporters will see the following details in your Fitbit Plus Report Card:
- When you last used Fitbit Plus
- Your overall completion rate and adherence trend for all health actions
- Your motivation statement (if completed)
- Your completion rate, adherence trend and latest reading (if applicable) for individual health actions, organized by health action plan
This is an example report card. The specific health actions shared are the ones you select.
All health actions within an existing action plan will be shared. E.g., if you are tracking blood glucose and exercise in your Diabetes action plan, both blood glucose and exercise data will be shared with your friend or family member.
Be sure you are comfortable including all items in an action plan before sharing. If there are specific health actions you do not wish to share, you can move them to a separate action plan.
Want to remove a friend or family member from your care team?
You may remove a friend or family member from your care team that you previously invited by completing the following steps. Note that this means they will no longer receive your weekly or monthly report card.
- Within the FRIENDS & FAMILY section of your Care Team, select the name of the individual you wish to remove
- A profile menu opens that shows the status of that individual. Slide the three arrows in the remove from care team bar at the bottom of the screen to the right
- This reveals a red tap to confirm button. Tap this button to remove the individual from your care team.
Ready to invite your friends, family and other important people to join your care team? First, check out this blog post on how you elicit the feedback and support you need!