Fitbit Plus offers the ability to perform continuous health coaching. Unlike traditional coaching models, interactions with your participants are not limited to appointments or physical location! Here's how to make the most of your Fitbit Plus coaching time. Open your Enrolled dashboard to walk through these features and find participants to coach just-in-time:
(1) First, check on your participants with measurement alerts. Make sure your participants whose blood pressure and blood sugar levels fall into the high risk range (Blood Pressures over 140/90 mmHg and Blood Sugars over 130 mg/DL, or as customized by you during the health action building process) are communicated with and cared for.
(2) Respond to unread messages. Participants may come to you with questions, updates, or a simple how-do-you-do? No matter their need, we recommend responding to these messages within 1 business day.
(3) Check your calendar. What's on the agenda for today? You can sort your daily activities by type. This way, you'll never miss a plan-check in, phone call, or in-person visit.
(4) Set up your new enrollments with Health Action Plans. Our most successful coaches build Health Action Plans within 24 hours. Keep your new enrollments dashboard up-to-date and aim to keep this notification at "zero" by the end of the day!
(5) View participants by their tracking status using the Adherence Trend filter:
The adherence trend filter sorts participants by:
Green = Adherence Trend: Positive
Participants who have missed logging at least one tracking health action between 1 to 3 times.
Yellow = Adherence Trend: Caution
Participants who have missed logging at least one tracking health action between 3 to 6 times.
Red = Adherence Trend: Negative
Participants who have missed logging at least one tracking health action more than 7 times.
Gray =Participant's adherence trend is reset due to a new or updated plan. In the image below, Sean is now in a gray state with neither positive or negative adherence because his plan has just been updated.
At the Enrolled Dashboard level, Fitbit Plus will "bubble up" the worst adherence trend of all of a participant's health actions. This will alert you to dive into the participant account to further explore individual adherence trends in the Health Action Plan. Click on your participant's name to enter their account. Note: Plan adherence represents actual/expected completion of the Health Action as a percentage. Is denoted by the fill of the adherence trend visual. Below, you'll see ~halfway filled visual for 52.94% overall adherence. The adherence trend is green, meaning the participant has not missed more than 3 expected health actions in a row in this plan:
Date Enrolled - Prioritize participants brand new to Fitbit Plus who may need more coaching as they get started.
Plan Updated - Prioritize participants with new or recently updated plans to learn what's working:
Latest Message (date) - Find participants you haven't messaged with in awhile to keep them engaged:
After these steps are completed, you've scanned your entire participant panel for those who may need coaching support. For a visual depiction and summary of this workflow, download the Coaching Workflow and Key Performance Standards attached to this article. All of the features in this article are in your Enrolled Dashboard.