Fitbit Plus supports integration with Hint Health. Once the integration is enabled for your organization, the following information flows from Hint directly into the connected "group" in Fitbit Plus, and changes to Hint fields are imported one-way to update corresponding fields in Fitbit Plus:
|Hint Field||Fitbit Plus Field|
|Provider Name "Dr. First Last"||Coach Name (First, Last)|
|Provider Email||Coach Email|
|Patient Name (First, Last)||Participant Name (First, Last)|
|Patient Date of Birth||Participant Date of Birth|
|Patient Gender||Participant Gender|
|Patient Phone Number 1||Participant Phone Number|
|Patient Phone Number 2||Participant Alt Phone Number|
|Patient Provider||Participant Primary Coach|
Always make sure Hint fields represent up-to-date and accurate information so that participants and coaches in Fitbit Plus remain up-to-date too!
To successfully integrate Hint with Fitbit Plus, perform the steps below. Note that to complete these steps, you must have an Admin account within Hint and an coach account with the Integrations Admin role in Fitbit Plus.
- Ensure that each provider in Hint has the name and email address you want imported in Fitbit Plus. The name should be formatted as "Title. First Last" (e.g. Dr. John Smith). Be aware that the title will be ignored by Fitbit Plus, and a middle name or initial will be incorrectly interpreted as a last name.
- Ensure that each patient in Hint has the Provider you want imported as the Primary Coach in Fitbit Plus.
- Ensure that each patient's status is accurately set in Hint. The table below shows how specific statuses will be imported into Fitbit Plus. Please note that participants with status "unconfirmed" or "pending" will NOT be imported into Fitbit Plus.
Hint Fitbit Plus unconfirmed ignored pending ignored active active unpaid active inactive archived deleted archived
- Once you have confirmed these conditions are met, visit this link to initiate the integration process: https://provider.hint.com/admin/integrations/twine-health
- Click the Integrate with Fitbit Plus button
- When prompted to confirm, click Connect With Fitbit Plus
- If you are not already logged in in Fitbit Plus, enter your Fitbit Plus email address and password when prompted.
- If you have more than one group in Fitbit Plus, pick the appropriate group for the integration. Otherwise, skip to the next step.
- Allow Fitbit Plus to prepare a preview of the integration. You may see a progress bar while the preview of the import is being prepared. This will not result in any changes in Fitbit Plus, and is done before the integration is enabled to help identify any possible issues that may result from the initial import of practitioners and participants.
- After the preview is complete, check to see if any warnings were generated. If there are zero warnings, you may proceed to enable the integration (see step 13 below). Click on show results to see the details of what practitioners and participants are ready to be imported, and any warnings.
- If there are any warnings, such as for duplicate email addresses, we recommend that you work with the Fitbit Plus Support team to resolve them before proceeding.
- Warnings for individual practitioners and participants can be resolved by clicking on the name of the practitioner or participant, and making an update. To preview the result of you changes, click the preview import link.
- After all warnings are resolved, the integration can be enabled by clicking the enable button.
- When enable is clicked, the status of the integration will become active. After the initial import is complete you can click show results and then navigate to individual coaches and participants in Fitbit Plus who have been updated or created.
Once integration is active and the initial import is complete, you can tell your participants to download the Fitbit Plus app and begin their experience in Fitbit Plus!
As you add new participants and practitioners to your practice or update their information in Hint, they will automatically be updated in Fitbit Plus.