Fitbit Plus may be synced with Google Fit, which allows for data to be imported into Fitbit Plus from other apps/devices that sync with Google Fit.
Before synchronizing Google Fit and Fitbit Plus, double check the following:
- Ensure your Android’s software is up to date
- Ensure you have Google Fit downloaded on your device (Google Fit is available through the Play Store)
- If you are using other apps that integrate with Google Fit, such as MyFitnessPal or LoseIt, to track health data, ensure you have synced these apps with Google Fit.
- Ensure you have health actions or measurements in your health action plan in Fitbit Plus associated with the data you want imported from Google Fit.
- Please Note: Google Fit is intended to be used as a fitness tracker, not as a medical device. Therefore, Google Fit does not store medical measurements, such as blood pressure and blood sugar, and is unable to send medical measurements to Fitbit Plus.
Follow the steps below to synchronize data from Google Fit to the Fitbit Plus app:
- Open the Fitbit Plus app, and log in if you are not logged in already.
- Tap on the upper lefthand corner to bring out the menu, and tap on Settings.
- Scroll down and select Google Fit Synchronization.
- An on/off toggle is to the right of Google Fit synchronization. Tap on the toggle to turn it on.
- Please note that if you do not have Google Fit installed, you will be redirected to the Google Play Store to download Google Fit. Once you have installed Google Fit, you will need to return to Fitbit Plus and complete step 4.
- Fitbit Plus will automatically import data for your plan when available from Google Fit. Note that only metric types that are included in your Health Action Plan and supported by Google Fit will be synchronized.
- Once Google Fit synchronization has been turned on, all applicable data from the previous 30 days in Google Fit will be imported into Fitbit Plus, and subsequently, new data from Google Fit will be imported automatically when you resume or open the Fitbit Plus app or when you tap the Synchronize Now button.
To confirm integration with Google Fit:
- Open Google Fit, and tap on the upper lefthand corner to bring out the menu.
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll down and tap into Connected apps.
- Fitbit Plus will be listed here if Google Fit synchronization has been turned on in Fitbit Plus.