On September 18, 2018, Twine will become Fitbit Plus™! Naturally, there might be some questions from your team and your participants on what to expect. No worries, we’ve got you covered. See below for some anticipated questions and answers.
Q: When will Twine officially change to Fitbit Plus?
A: On 9/18/2018 the Twine app, in both mobile and web browser, will become Fitbit Plus. Navigating and using Fitbit Plus will look and feel very similar to how coaches and participants have been using Twine.
Q: Will the participant app look different? What about the coach web browser and app?
A: Both the participant and coaching app and web browser version will undergo some light cosmetic changes in order to match Fitbit’s brand, but the features and functionality will remain the same.
Q: Will my participants receive communications from Fitbit to alert them of the upcoming rebrand?
A: Yes! We will send following communications to existing Twine participants:
- 9/11/2018, Email #1: Coming Soon announcement of transition to Fitbit Plus
- 9/11/2018, In-app banner: Coming Soon announcement of transition to Fitbit Plus
- 9/18/2018, Email #3: Announcement of Fitbit Plus being officially live and how participants can get started with the new experience
Q: Will current Twine participants have to download a new Fitbit Plus app on September 18th?
A: No. On 9/18/2018, we will release a new version of the app that includes the Fitbit Plus rebrand. Similar to most weekly releases, the update will happen automatically the next time your participants open the mobile app on their phones. Coaches and participants accessing the app via web browser should simply refresh their page in order to see the rebranded experience.
Q: Do participants have to have a Fitbit in order to use the Fitbit Plus app?
A: No, participants do not need a Fitbit device or a Fitbit account in order to access Fitbit Plus. Legacy Twine participants may continue to use the same email address and password they have been using to login to Twine to login to Fitbit Plus. That is, their Twine account will become their Fitbit Plus account on 9/18/2018.
Q: What will the enrollment process look like for new Fitbit Plus participants?
A: There will be a few minor changes to the enrollment process for new participants to Fitbit Plus:
- Participants will then see a screen prompting them to answer, "Did your invitation include a four-digit code?"
- Selecting "NO" initiates the steps to claim their account
- Selecting "YES" initiates the steps to create their account via code-based registration
- Following steps will remain consistent with pre-rebranding enrollment steps
Q: Will Fitbit Plus continue to support integrations with Apple Health and Google Fit?
A: Yes! Participants may continue to sync their Fitbit Plus accounts with Apple Health, Google Fit and/or Fitbit to import data from other health and wellness apps and devices.
Q: Who can I and my participants contact for technical support after the rebrand?
A: Technical support communication channels will be rebranded to Fitbit Plus on 9/18/2018:
- In-app: @support
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Self-help knowledge base: support.plus.fitbit.com
Have a question that is not captured here? Send your question to email@example.com, and we’ll get you an answer as soon as possible.